The Registry maps to instruments commonly used by physical therapists.
The Registry allows you to benchmark outcomes using a variety of validated global and specific condition-related outcomes instruments, all available within one system.
And the best part? No manual entry needed.
These instruments work seamlessly with the Registry, reducing the administrative burden on you and your staff.
The Registry's instruments have been vetted for reliability, validity, and sensitivity by our Scientific Advisory Panel and are approved by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services for MIPS reporting.
APTA members have access to many of the tests and measures listed below through APTA's Evidence-Based Resources (items with an asterisk require users to hold a subscription for that instrument).
Quality of Life
- PROMIS Global 10
- Pain Intensity Rating Scale
- PROMIS Pain Interference
Physical Function Global
- Activity Measure for Post-Acute Care (AM-PAC)*
- CARE Item Set: Global
- PROMIS Physical Function
- Berg Balance Scale
- CARE Item Set
Performance-Based Patient-Reported Outcomes
- Activities-Specific Balance Confidence Scale (ABC Scale)**
- 6-Minute Walk Test (6MWT)
- 10-Meter Walk Test (10MWT)
**The print version of the scale may be reproduced for student training, research and clinical practices in which therapists and assistants use the scale to assess fewer than 1000 patients per year. In all other cases, including: translation into other languages than English, other modifications to the scale itself and/or instructions, use in clinical trials, for commercial or marketing purposes, or in larger scale practices (1,000+ patients per year) and electronic record keeping, permission must be obtained by the researcher or institution by contacting email@example.com.
- Neck Disability Index (NDI)
- Disabilities of the Arm, Shoulder, and Hand Questionnaire (DASH)
- Modified Low Back Pain Disability Questionnaire (LBPDQ)
- Oswestry Low Back Pain Disability Index* (ODI)
- Hip Disability and Osteoarthritis Outcome Score, Joint Replacement (HOOS, JR)
- Knee Injury and Osteoarthritis Outcome Score, Joint Replacement (KOOS, JR)
- Knee Outcome Survey (KOS)
- Lower Extremity Functional Scale (LEFS)
- AM-PAC: Applied Cognitive Function*